Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Marinated Tomatoes

After seeing the red and yellow grape tomatoes at the stand the other day, I knew I needed to make some type of marinated tomato salad. There are tons of variations of this online. I'll have to post my mom's recipe for marinated tomatoes sometime soon too.

For this recipe, get some tomatoes. (regular tomatoes, cut up would work just fine also) I used a pint of red and a pint of yellow. Make sure you wash them thoroughly!

Next, get out olive oil, red wine vinegar, basil and garlic.


Now, this part isn't an exact science. I used all the basil pictured + 2 cloves of garlic. For the oil/vinegar, mix together in a 1:1 ratio. (I used 3/4 c of each) Whisk it all together. (it looks gross right now, doesn't it?)


Next, pause to let the cat out onto the porch 'cause he's been sitting and whining at the door long enough to drive you nuts.

Wait. What? That's only at my house???

Once your liquid is whisked together (and the cat is on the porch) cut your grape tomatoes in half and add them to the marinade. Stir.

 Refrigerate for 3-4 hours or overnight. (if you're impatient like I am, they are certainly edible after only marinating for 20 minutes, but they are better if you give them a couple hours.)


Lastly, eat up!



Another tomato recipe I hope to try soon is found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment