Thursday, August 9, 2012

Zucchini Corn Quesadillas

I found this recipe on Pinterest and thought it was worth a shot. Turns out, I really enjoyed it! Here's the original recipe.

My version makes 3 (rather full) quesadillas.

2 Tablespoons olive oil
2 small-medium zucchini, sliced thin
2 ears of corn, cut off the cob
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 cloves garlic, minced
salt and pepper to taste
1 cup grated pepper jack cheese
6 tortillas (I used wheat tortillas) 8  in. size

1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.

2. Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium heat and sautee the zucchini, corn and onion. (around 6-10 minutes, or until zucchini is tender) Add the garlic, salt and pepper and cook another minute.
 It helps if your salt and pepper shakers are super cute ears of corn :)
 I tend to err on the side of zucchini that is really done (aka mushy) but how long you cook it is all up to you!
 3. Lay a tortilla on a baking sheet, then add your filling and cheese. Then put the top tortilla on.
 4. Bake for 10 minutes, turning halfway through. (If someone has a tip for flipping these neatly, I'm all ears. I had corn fly everywhere!)

5. Let it sit a few minutes when you take it out, then cut into wedges and serve! I'm sure it would be good topped with some sour cream, or maybe even salsa. I honestly didn't think I'd like this as much as I did!


No comments:

Post a Comment